StubHub’s Top 5 Safety Tips for Buying Super Bowl LII Tickets
Author: Joseph Asaro, StubHub Head of Trust & Safety
Excitement for the 2018 Super Bowl has been steadily growing since the Eagles and the Patriots earned their places in the championship game. Millions of viewers will watch the event taking place at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, while over 66,000 fans will experience the game live on February 4th.
At StubHub, we take pride in connecting fans to these inspiring, bucket-list events safely and securely. However, we know StubHub isn’t the only source for tickets for the big game. Because of this, we have put together five tips for fans this week as they book their travel and search for tickets to this one-of-kind event.
- Do not buy tickets on the street. Prices for Super Bowl LII are at a premium and buying off the street runs the risk of purchasing fake tickets with no way of getting your money back if there’s an issue. Only purchase tickets from sources that have a customer service number you can reach and a guarantee on tickets. To keep you safe when buying or selling through StubHub, we created the market-leading StubHub FanProtect™ Guarantee.
- Never pay cash for tickets. Paying with a credit card offers a paper trail that can be tracked should you need to report an issue.
- Know before you post. Be cautious posting images of your ticket on social media. These tickets have barcodes that could be duplicated by fraudsters. Posting images of the barcode on social media is an invitation to do so. If you do share pictures of tickets, make sure you are covering up the barcodes to be extra safe.
- Check your ticket. Look for abnormalities in margins or illegible text. Super Bowl tickets are always printed on thick paper with several complex designs to ensure they are legitimate.
- Tech tools rule. Use technology advancements to your benefit. StubHub has Price Alerts that can help you stay within budget, as well as 360-degree Virtual View seating views and our new augmented reality immersive view technology in the StubHub app that takes the guesswork out of planning your live event experience.
Bonus round: Did you know?
There are still thousands of Super Bowl LII tickets available on StubHub and each purchase comes with an exclusive, complimentary invite to our StubHub Live: Field House pre-game fan experience at Target Field with free food and drink, meet and greet with football legends and more. And, as always, we back every ticket on our site with our Fan Protect Guarantee.
Keep these tips in mind when searching elsewhere to ensure you have the best experience possible on the biggest day in football, and as always, StubHub is here for you 365/24/7. Be in touch if we can help you make a check off your bucket list!